Michael Cooley, DDS
Originally from Yuma, Arizona, Michael received his Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences with an emphasis in exercise physiology from Chapman University in Orange, California, where he also played varsity football. Prior to attending dental school, Michael worked as a personal fitness trainer and high school football coach, helping many people attain healthier lifestyles. Michael went on to receive his Doctorate in Dental Surgery from the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, where he developed a special interest for prosthodontics and implant dentistry, spending extra time working with various faculty members on advanced cases. To this day, Michael continues to attend classes around the country in order to strengthen his background in prosthodontics and implantology. Michael is also committed to service, and has been involved in various outreach programs dating back prior to dental school. He traveled to areas such as the Dominican Republic and Zimbabwe, Africa, to volunteer on medical mission trips. In the years leading up to dental school, Michael also volunteered weekly at a free dental clinic in Orange County, assisting oral surgeons and general dentists treat hundreds of patients. And throughout dental school, Michael had the opportunity help run student-led clinics, providing dental care to underprivileged residents of Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
Awards and Honors
- President’s Award, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, 2016
- Wil Alexander Whole Person Care Award, LLU School of Dentistry, 2016
- International Congress of Implantologists Pre-Doctoral Award, 2016
- Clinic Award, LLU School of Dentistry, 2016
- Loma Linda Annual Research Symposium, First Place Public Health Category, 2015
- Academic All-American, 2007
- National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame, 2007
When Michael is not working in the dental office, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Nasira, exercising, gardening, and pretty much doing anything outdoors.