By Michael Cooley, DDS
Our team at Fashion Isle Smiles dental practice is committed to providing outstanding care to our patients. As always, and especially during this pandemic, our top priority is the safety and health of our patients, staff, and the community. For the past few weeks, we have been following guidelines from the California Dental Association (CDA) under instruction of the federal government that mandates dentists to only see patients on an emergency basis. An emergency case usually presents with severe pain associated with an infection.
In addition to standard precautions, we are also taking the following actions to help prevent the risk of infectious pathogen exposure:
– All patients are screened on the telephone prior to scheduling an emergent appointment
– Does the patient have any signs of non-dental related illness such as fever or cough?
– Has the patient recently been in contact with someone who has been ill?
– Has the patient been adhering to isolation recommendations mandated by state and/or local government?
– Has the patient recently traveled or been around a large group of people?
– We limit one patient in the office at a time
– Patients who have an appointment are asked to call after parking and before they come into the office in order to ensure no other
patients are present.
– If the patient needs to be accompanied by another person, we ask that the additional person wait outside or in the car during the
– Before entering or exiting the clinic area, patients are asked to wash their hands.
– All office staff are required to wear surgical masks in the clinic and also in the reception area.
We thank you all for your cooperation during this unique and trying time, and don't hesitate to
give us a call if you have any questions or concerns. Continue doing your part to help “flatten the
curve” and we hope to see your smiles back in our office soon!